Our business is growing rapidly and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. We invest heavily in our people
by providing world class training and development programmes and we offer access to the latest technology to ensure we can meet
the challenges of the ever-changing business world. Our apprenticeship programme is at the heart of our recruitment philosophy.
A combination of college education and on-the-job training, backed up by a comprehensive programme of training at JCB’s world
headquarters means that Watling JCB offers only the best apprentice schemes, backed up by excellent long term career opportunities.
Service Engineer Apprenticeship
Opportunities for a long term career
The Watling JCB Service Engineer Apprenticeship is a three-year programme consisting of the following training:
• 28 weeks studying (subject to change dependent upon course delivery) National Construction College studying for
NVQ Level II in Construction Plant Maintenance.
• 2 Weeks per annum at JCB Manufacturer Training School.
• Continuous self-development through the JCB Manufacturer Online Training procedures for career progression.
• NVQ Level III in Construction Plant Maintenance.
• Shadowing and mentoring programme with nominated senior member of the team.
• “On the job” Workshop/Field training programme under the supervision of a nominated senior member of the team.
• Health and safety training, ie. manual handling, portable appliance testing, safety passports, etc.
Each Watling JCB apprentice will:
• Gain the skills necessary to effectively and efficiently
maintain and repair construction industry equipment.
• Successfully complete the Apprenticeship to be able to
qualify to become a Workshop Engineer.
• Present a professional image at all times.
• Carry out all work practices in line with company
health and safety policy.
• Contribute to overall success of Watling JCB through
teamwork and good communication within the company.
• Carry out any other duties as deemed necessary to
fulfil the Apprenticeship.
And be expected to:
• Communicate efficiently and express your ideas clearly and
confidently at all levels verbally, in print and via the telephone.
• Have the ability to work confidently within a group and
on own initiative.
• Have the ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks
and working to deadlines.
• Possess drive and determination to get things done,
make things happen and continually looking for better
An ability to.
• Analyse and investigate, gather information systematically
to establish facts and principles for problem solving.
• Understand the commercial realities affecting the organisation.
• To adapt successfully to changing situations and environments.
• To act on initiative, identify opportunities and be proactive
in putting forward ideas & solutions.
• Capable of delivering results under pressure and to
• Quality focused.
• Honest, reliable, trustworthy, good time keeper.
• Ability to be professional, cheerful, co-operative at all times.
• Ability to be motivated and customer focused.
• Clean driving licence and good driving record (if applicable).
• Full driving, Fork Lift Truck driving licence (training will
An excellent benefits package is
available for the right candidates
including paid holidays, contributory
medical insurance, occupational
health, pension scheme,O2 and Perkz
employee benefits and many more.