As one of the largest JCB dealerships in the world, dedicated to customer service we know how important our employees are. Training and benefits on offer are second to none. Below are a list of our current vacanies:
Job and Person Specification
Used Equipment Sales Engineer - Workshop
Sectors; Construction, Heavy line, Industrial and Waste.
Used Equipment Sales Manager
Basic Salary and OTE’s
To be discussed at interview.
Watling JCB Limited is a privately owned and owner managed profit making organisation and one of the most progressive JCB Dealerships in the country for the Sales and Customer Support of Construction, Industrial and Recycling & Waste Machinery products.
We look for high calibre, forward-thinking, energetic people with a "can-do" attitude. We want people who thrive in a diverse and challenging work environment, who are receptive to change and who wholeheartedly embrace the opportunity to take responsibility for themselves and the company's ongoing success.
In such a dynamic and committed workforce, flexibility is essential, and many of our workforce, in accordance to what the job needs, operate with a huge degree of commitment and energy to ensure our long-term strategy to drive the business forward to increase shareholder profitability for ongoing success and growth to remain the JCB Dealer of choice is achieved.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The main duties of this role is to be able to carry out Machine Plant Diagnostics, Servicing/Repair/Refurbishment to Construction, Industrial, Heavy Line and Recycling Equipment to the highest standard within the Dealership for new and existing Customers.
You will need to promote and present a professional image and offer service solutions to our customers and frequently liaise with JCB Manufacturer.
The objective of this role is to provide the Customer with World Class customer service.
- Build knowledge about the customer’s business
- Feedback any important customer information to the company
- To promote the Watling JCB organisation and the JCB Brand to new and existing customers
- To react to any customer needs quickly, effectively and efficiently
- To carry out repairs and refurbishments to the highest standard for retail and export machines and to provide a “First Time Fix” for the end user
- Possess excellent laptop computer technical diagnostics skills
- Continually look to develop yourself through JCB Training Courses and other Medias available
- Service and maintain JCB and other Equipment to the Manufactures specifications
- Maintain and improve our profile in the market place
- Provide World Class Customer Service
- Present a professional image at all times
- Carry out all work practices in line with company health and safety policy
- Meet and exceed customer expectations whilst maintaining profitability
- Contribute to overall success of Watling JCB through teamwork and good communication within the company
- To monitor Used Parts/Attachments stock
- To assist with Loading of Export machines and relevant paperwork
- Ability to diversify on work load situations at short notice
- Any other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the role
- 40 hours working week, 08.00 – 16.30 hours, half an hour unpaid lunch break
- Overtime; First 4 hours at time and a half rate, over and above first 4 hours double time rate
- To communicate efficiently and express your ideas clearly and confidently at all levels verbally, in print and via the telephone
- Teamwork, ability to work confidently within a group and on own initiative
- Time Management, ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks and working to deadlines
- Drive and determination to get things done, make things happen and continually looking for better ways of doing things
- Analysing and Investigating, ability to gather information systematically to establish facts and principles for problem solving
- Commercial Awareness, ability to understand the commercial realities affecting the organisation
- Flexibility, ability to adapt successfully to changing situations and environments
- Initiative and Self-Motivation, ability to act on initiative, identify opportunities and be proactive in putting forward ideas & solutions
- Capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Quality focused
- Honest, reliable, trustworthy, good time keeper
- Ability to be professional, cheerful, co-operative at all times
- Ability to be motivated and customer focused
- Clean driving licence and good driving record (if applicable)
- Full driving, Fork Lift Truck driving licence (training will be provided)
- Attractive rates of pay and overtime rates
- Pension scheme; Auto enrolment and company
- 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays + 1 day for every 5 years completed service
- Contributory medical insurance scheme
- Death in service company life assurance
- Merchandise purchases at cost
- Sickness scheme
- Perkz employee benefits
- O2 employee benefits
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free car parking facilities
- Occupational health
- Learning and development programmes
- Career progression
Working relationships with: (Positions supervised/managed)
Company Board of Directors
Used Equipment Sales Manager
Sales Admin Team
Service Department – Field and Workshop Service Engineers
Finance / Accounts Department
This is a description of the job as it is at present constituted. It is the Company’s practice to periodically examine employee’s job descriptions and to update them to ensure that they relate to the job as it is performed, or to incorporate whatever changes are being proposed. This procedure is jointly conducted by each manager in consultation with the post holder concerned. It is the Company’s aim to reach agreement to reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to insist on changes to job descriptions after prior consultation.