Field Service Engineer
Location: Kidlington/Oxford, Milton Keynes, Sheffield.
Responsible to: Service Supervisor
Basic Salary and OTE’s: To be discussed at interview.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The main duties of this role are Machine Plant Diagnostics, Servicing and Repairs to JCB Construction, Agricultural, Industrial, Heavy Line and Recycling Equipment to the highest standard within the Dealership territory to new and existing customers.
This is a customer facing role which requires you to build strong customer relationships within the Service sector of business. You will need to promote and present a professional image and offer service solutions to our customers and frequently liaise with JCB Manufacturer.
The objective of this role is to provide the customer with World Class customer service.
• Build strong and positive relationships with the customer
• Build and document knowledge about the customer company and its technical operations
• Feedback any important customer information to the company
• To promote the Watling JCB organisation and the JCB Brand to new and existing customers
• To promote aftermarket products and services to the customer
• To react to any customer needs quickly, effectively and efficiently
• To carry out repairs to the highest standard to provide a “First Time Fix” to the customer
• Possess excellent laptop computer technical diagnostics skills
• Excellent operation of the PDA unit to input job information and write-up data
• Continually look to develop yourself through JCB Training Courses and other routes available
• Service and maintain JCB and other Equipment to the Manufactures specifications
• Maintain and improve our profile in the market place
• Provide World Class Customer Service
• Present a professional image at all times
• Carry out all work practices in line with company health and safety policy
• Meet and exceed customer expectations whilst maintaining profitability
• Contribute to overall success of Watling JCB through teamwork and good communication within the company
• Any other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the role
• 40 hours working week, 08.00 – 16.30 hours, half an hour unpaid lunch break
• To communicate efficiently and express your ideas clearly and confidently at all levels verbally, in print and via the telephone
• Teamwork, ability to work confidently within a group and on own initiative
• Time Management, ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks and working to deadlines
• Drive and determination to get things done, make things happen and continually looking for better ways of doing things
• Analysing and Investigating, ability to gather information systematically to establish facts and principles for problem solving
• Commercial Awareness, ability to understand the commercial realities affecting the organisation
• Flexibility, ability to adapt successfully to changing situations and environments
• Initiative and Self-Motivation, ability to act on initiative, identify opportunities and be proactive in putting forward ideas & solutions
• Capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Quality focused
• Honest, reliable, trustworthy, good time keeper
• Ability to be professional, cheerful, co-operative at all times
• Ability to be motivated and customer focused
• Clean driving licence and good driving record
• Full driving, Fork Lift Truck driving licence (training will be provided)
• Attractive rates of pay and overtime rates
• Auto-enrolment pension scheme
• 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays + 1 day for every 5 years completed service
• Company sick pay scheme
• Overtime -first 4 hours at time and a half rate, over and above first 4 hours double time rate
• Call out - initial payment of £50.00 normal working week, £75.00 bank holiday working week and £100.00 Christmas period for being on call. If called out any hours worked would be first 4 hours at time and a half rate, over and above first 4 hours double time rate. Frequency of rota system varies from depot to depot and would be discussed during the interview process with the relevant Depot Manager.
• Tool allowance
• You will be eligible to a £25 payment per week, when working away from home for a week on a 4 consecutive nights’ away basis - not applicable to any training courses you may be expected to attend.
• Company van and fuel card – option to opt in for personal use of the van
• Company uniform
• Company mobile/PDA/laptop
• Free staff parking
• Rest area at Depot
• JCB manufacturer online training programmes for all roles, career paths for progression
• Additional training programmes for employee career advancement
• JCB Manufacturer History Museum and Machine Production Line tour, including VIP lunch – Covid dependant
• Life assurance policy (4 x basic salary)
• Private medical health (contributory)
• Chiropractor private medical treatment scheme/ occupational health
• Employee assistance programme
• Employee discounts on JCB merchandise
• O2 Employee Benefits
• Employee referral scheme: If you refer a friend or family member to the company, subject to the terms and conditions, you will receive £250.00 on successful completion of their probation period and a further £250.00 on completion of six months service.