Key Account Manager – Midlands
- Location Midlands
- Salary Competitive
- Contract Permanent
- Department Watling JCB
- Division Sales
Key Account Manager
Very Competitive Salary, fantastic OTE and commission structure, hybrid working, company car or car allowance, private health insurance and 30 days annual leave
Full IT package, Expenses Account, Company Pension, Ongoing Training and Development Programme and Career Progression
Watling JCB Limited is a privately owned and owner managed profit-making organisation and one of the most progressive JCB Dealerships in the World for the Sales and Customer Support of Construction, Industrial and Recycling & Waste Machinery products.
We look for high calibre, forward-thinking, energetic people with a “can-do” attitude. We want people who thrive in a diverse and challenging work environment, who are receptive to change and who wholeheartedly embrace the opportunity to take responsibility for themselves and the company’s ongoing success.
In such a dynamic and committed workforce, flexibility is essential, and many of our workforce, in accordance to what the job needs, operate with a huge degree of commitment and energy to ensure our long-term strategy to drive the business forward to increase shareholder profitability for ongoing success and growth to remain the JCB Dealer of choice is achieved.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Due to an internal promotion, we are recruiting a new Key Account Manager to manage and grow our business with our key account customers across our construction range.
This is a senior role and you will be working very closely with the Sales Director and maintain strong relationships with the Board of Directors.
We are looking for a high calibre, dynamic individual in this customer facing role, which requires you to build strong Customer relationships within the Construction Sales sector of the business.
You will need to promote and present solutions to our Construction customers and frequently liaise with JCB the Manufacturer to ensure you provide a first-class level of Customer Service to the Customer.
Construction Sales Department
– Build strong and positive relationships with the Company’s Key Accounts
– Build and document knowledge about the customer business and technical setup
– Feedback any important customer information to the Company
– Prepare customer quotations for Construction Machinery via the JCB JDS software system/ – Sales master iPad Application and include additional options for:
– Service / R & M Contract
– JCB Attachments suitable to the application & machine
– JCB Finance
– JCB Insurance
– Liaise with used equipment manager on any construction machine part exchanges
– To complete the full machine specification to meet the customer requirements on all Construction Machine orders, including all relevant customer information
– To include any Machine Attachment requirements to meet the customers’ needs
– Liaise with Demonstration Manager to carry out full machine demonstrations and installations on customer site
– Increase the company’s Construction sales and profitability in line with objectives
– Responsible for the monitoring of Customer account facility status and collection of Customer payments for all Construction sales
– Update daily the Watling JCB Sales Force CRM system to enable accurate forecasting
– To meet and exceed customer expectations on customer service
– Establish and maintain good levels of communication within and outside the business
– Complete all administration accurately and in a timely manner
– Contribute to overall success of Watling JCB through teamwork and good communication within the company
– Appropriate reporting to Management
– Carry out all work practices in line with company health and safety policy and adhere to all company policies in accordance with the Company handbook terms and conditions of employment
– Provide excellent customer service
– Any other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the role
– Proven track record of capital equipment sales role within the Construction or similar industry
– Excellent commercial awareness and customer problem solving
– Ability to follow your customer’s buying decisions and needs
– Proven track record of customer sales call planning and forecasting
– Proven track record of sales questioning and presentation skills for successful outcomes
– Good team work capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
– Quality focused
– Honest, reliable, trustworthy, good time keeper
– Ability to work on own initiative
– Ability to multitask and handle several Customer demands at any given
– Ability to communicate efficiently at all levels – verbally, in print and on the telephone
– Ability to be professional, cheerful, co-operative and flexible at all times
– Ability to be motivated and customer focused
– Clean driving licence and good driving record
Working relationships with:
– Company Board of Directors
– Service Department – Field and Workshop Service Engineers
– Sales Department Finance / Accounts Department
– JCB Manufacturer
– All Customers
– Depot Managers
– HR Manager
This is a description of the job as it is at present constituted. It is the Company’s practice to periodically examine employee’s job descriptions and to update them to ensure that they relate to the job as it is performed, or to incorporate whatever changes are being proposed. This procedure is jointly conducted by each manager in consultation with the post holder concerned. It is the Company’s aim to reach agreement to reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to insist on changes to job descriptions after prior consultation.