Used Equipment Engineer
- Salary Competitive
- Department Engineer
- Division Watling JCB
- Contract Permanent
- Location Leicester
Main Purpose of the Role:
The main duties of this role are to be able to carry out Machine Plant Diagnostics, Servicing and Repairs to JCB Construction and other manufactures equipment i.e., Agricultural, Industrial, Heavy Line and Recycling Used Equipment to the highest standard mainly within the Leicester workshop and including site visits.
You will need to promote and present a professional image and offer service solutions to our customers and frequently liaise with JCB Manufacturer. The objective of this role is to provide the Customer with a World Class level of Customer Service.
Used Sales Manager
Undertake a detailed inspection of the machine to confirm or expand on any initial field inspection report so that a commercial assessment of the likely repair, replacement refurbishment work can be made.
Carry out standard diagnosis tests on machine components to enable more accurate cost evaluations or for the issue of condition and warranty agreements to customers.
Produce a comprehensive list of parts and materials required for the proposed machine preparation work.
Undertake overhaul, repair or refurbishment work on the machine to the agreed work plan, removing and dispatching components for specialist attention, re-installing the original or replacement part or repairing original parts.
Inspect and test completed machine to ensure unit is operating to expected performance levels.
Practical knowledge of tooling and specialised equipment to conduct repairs on difficult and heavy machinery
Practical knowledge of rigging, slinging and jacking procedures
Electrical, hydraulic and mechanical fitting knowledge
NVQ Level 2, 3 or equivalent and have experience in the construction, HGV or agriculture heavy plant machinery sectors including servicing and maintenance then this could be the role for you.
Experience on hydraulic systems, open and closed loop, axles, transmissions manual and power shift, cam-bus electrical systems and working on JCB machinery or equivalent
Portfolio of certification/achievements required
Full UK driving licence required.
Basic Hours: 40 hours working week, 08.00 – 16.30 hours.
Overtime after 8 hours, the first 4 hours at time and a half, thereafter paid at double time (daily).
• Competitive rates of pay
• 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays + 1 day for every 5 years completed service.
Holiday pay includes average overtime, on completion of your probationary.
• Pension scheme
• Tool allowance
• Company sick pay scheme
• Death in Service Scheme (4 x last P60)
• Private medical health (contributory)
• Chiropractor private medical treatment scheme/ occupational health
• Employee assistance programme
• Company van and fuel card – option to opt in for personal use of the van
• Company uniform
• JCB online, classroom & workshop-based training programmes for all roles & career development.
• Call out with standby payment and guaranteed 4 hours overtime.
• If you refer a friend or family member and they join the company, you will receive £250.00 after 3 months of their start date and a further £250.00 on completion of their six-month probationary period.
• Visit to the Story of JCB, factory tour and VIP lunch.