- Operating Weight: 4,934kg
- Shovel Capacity: 0.8m³
- Maximum Engine Power: 36kW
BIG PERFORMANCE IN A SMALL MACHINE.
THE JCB 406 IS A HIGHLY PRODUCTIVE COMPACT WHEEL LOADER WITH OPTIMAL POWER-TO-WEIGHT RATIO, MAKING IT A PERFECT TOOL CARRIER.
It’s fitted with a 36.4kW engine that produces 170 Nm of torque, powering a 2-speed hydrostatic transmission and a load over height of 2991mm.
JCB AND KOHLER HAVE PRODUCED THE ULTIMATE COMPACT WHEEL LOADER ENGINE.
- There are several axle options available including open diffs for for hard ground and limited slip differentials for soft, muddy terrain.
- The 100% switchable front axle diff lock option provides ultimate traction on mud and creates no shear forces, so won’t damage the ground when it’s not in use.
- Hydrostatic drive makes the 406 very easy to operate even for the inexperienced.
COMFORT AND EASE OF USE.
JCB COMPACT WHEEL LOADERS LIKE THE 406 ARE DESIGNED TO MAKE WORK MORE STRAIGHT FORWARD.
- The JCB 406 wheel loader has a comfortable and spacious cab with noise levels lower than our outgoing model.
- The tilting telescopic steering column is easy to adjust, and all instruments needed to operate this loading shovel are within easy reach of the seat.
- Ergonomically designed joystick control system provides comfortable and intuitive operation.
A WHEEL LOADER NEEDS TO SPEND AS MUCH TIME AS POSSIBLE HARD AT WORK.
- Large single piece bonnet ensures quick and convenient access to the engine bay and cooling pack.
- All daily check points are easily accessed under the bonnet.
- Simple analogue in-cab display provides running hours, fuel status and error alerts.
SAFETY AND SECURITY.
BECAUSE SAFETY AND SECURITY ARE PARAMOUNT ON ANY SITE, THE JCB 406 IS DESIGNED TO PROTECT ITS OPERATORS, THEMSELVES, AND ANY BYSTANDERS AT ALL TIMES.
- The JCB 406 wheel loader can be equipped with a new immobiliser option, which can help prevent thefts from your fleet.
- Access steps are complemented by well positioned handles so that operators have three points of contact whenever they’re entering or exiting the JCB 406’s cab.
- The sloping rear bonnet provides an unimpeded view, with the exhaust silencer and air intake filter both packaged out of sight.
|Capacity||4934kg Operating Weight|
Tents & Events – Ben Newell – Managing Director
Reliability is mandatory in the events sector so we opted to take delivery of the JCB. Finding out that the unit was specified as standard with the LiveLink Telematics system was a bonus. We have trackers on all our other machines, but this does so much more than just tracking.
Linroyale Potatoes – Stewart Clarke – MD
Our JCB generator not only provides a reliable power source but the telematics are proving very useful in assessing our work schedules. The saving in fuel each year comfortably pays for the maintenance agreement.