Workshop Engineer x 2
Wymondham & Leicester
- Location Wymondham & Leicester
- Salary Competitive
- Department Watling JCB
- Contract Permanent
- Division Service
Post: Workshop Engineer
Main Purpose of the Role:
Workshop Engineers mainly work on pre delivery inspections.
Pre delivery inspection:
Checking new machines, greasing new machine, making sure it runs, fixing small faults, fixing attachments like breakers – checking they are attached right and working. Checking oil, tyres, fixing the radio, adding items not on the original spec, like extra lights, polishing the machine ready for the customer “Dips and Flips”.
The Engineer would be based at the depot workshop and only go out to site, if a Field Service Engineer required assistance. The Remote Engineer, who has carried out the diagnosis, would continue with the repair, unless this is something routine, which can be passed to the Workshop Engineer.
The Workshop Engineer also carries out Yardman duties, unloading lorries, checking in machines when they arrive from JCB, maintaining a clean and tidy workshop and depot, keeping the supervisor informed on consumable requirements for the workshop and waste disposal.
40 hours working week, 08.00 – 16.30 hours, half an hour unpaid lunch break
• We are looking for someone with workshop experience, professional
• Driving licence
• Proof of right to work in the UK
• Attractive rates of pay and overtime rates
• Auto-enrolment pension scheme
• 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays + 1 day for every 5 years completed service
• Company sick pay scheme
• Overtime -first 4 hours at time and a half rate, over and above first 4 hours double time rate
• Tool allowance
• Company uniform
• Free staff parking
• Rest area at depot
• JCB manufacturer online training programmes for all roles, career paths for progression
• Additional training programmes for employee career advancement
• JCB Manufacturer History Museum and Machine Production Line tour, including VIP lunch – Covid dependant
• Life assurance policy (4 x basic salary)
• Private medical health (contributory)
• Chiropractor private medical treatment scheme/ occupational health
• Employee assistance programme
• Employee discounts on JCB merchandise
• O2 Employee Benefits
• Employee referral scheme: If you refer a friend or family member to the company, subject to the terms and conditions, you will receive £250.00 on successful completion of their probation period and a further £250.00 on completion of six months service.