Watling JCB Limited is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with all applicable legislation in relation to data protection. This policy describes how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
This policy applies to any personal information about you that you provide to Watling JCB Limited or which is provided to Watling JCB Limited by third parties.
The data controller in respect of personal information processed under this policy is Watling JCB Limited (a company incorporated in England with company number 1245540) whose registered office is at Dog and Gun Lane, Whetstone, Leicester LE8 6LJ.
We have a Data Protection Officer who you can contact on 01162 862621 or via email at DPO@watling-jcb.com should you have any comments or queries in relation to this policy or how Watling JCB Limited use of your personal information.
Why do we collect personal information about you?
Watling JCB Limited collects personal information about you to provide you with our products and services and to improve and develop these for the future.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Watling JCB Limited may collect some or all of the following types of personal information from you:
How do we receive personal information about you?
Watling JCB receives personal information about you:
- When you contact us directly, visit our website www.watling-jcb.com or use our social media channels, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request.
- Watling JCB Limited is an approved dealer of J C Bamford Excavators (JCB). If you approach JCB they will provide us with your personal data based upon the machine specification and your geographical location.
- From our other group companies and our carefully selected business partners who provide products and services, such as introducing brokers, fraud prevention or credit reference agencies or trade bodies.
How do we use Personal Information about you?
Watling JCB Limited and its group may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity and to identify you when you contact us.
- As a precursor to entering into or fulfilling a contractual obligation.
- To make decisions on credit, Parts / Service Accounts, insurance and other facilities, about you, your financial associate(s), members of your household or your business
- To help to prevent fraud and money laundering
- To help administer, and contact you about improved administration of, any accounts, services and products we have provided before, or provide now or in the future.
- Recover debts that you owe and trace your whereabouts.
- To carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical information using data provided by you.
- To carry out statistical analysis to help with decisions about account management.
- To contact you for marketing purposes relating to products and services that we think will be of potential interest to you.
- To comply with legal obligations.
We retain the right, to access, view and interrogate JCB Livelink or any successor telematics system operating on JCB Products that have been supplied by us. We may use this system to verify the location, mode of operation, service history or/any other information held on the system regarding operation and/or performance of such JCB Products.
Who do we provide this personal information to?
Watling JCB Limited will provide your personal information to:
- The JCB group if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring JCB Products.
- Subcontractors such as other JCB Dealers, Hauliers, Painters or Service Providers engaged in the course of providing our Services to you.
- Affiliated manufacturers if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring their products.
- Financial services providers, such as our preferred supplier of finance facilities JCB Finance Ltd.
- Fraud prevention agencies, trade bodies and credit reference agencies
- Marketing providers.
- Third party debt collection agencies, insolvency practitioners and legal advisors.
- JCB Finance Ltd who provide machinery quotation software to us.
- Our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as banking services and data management firms.
- Law enforcement agencies, government departments, courts, regulators, auditors and any party appointed or requested by our regulators to carry out investigations or audits of our activities.
What will Watling JCB Limited do when you apply for our products or services?
Fraud Prevention & Money Laundering
Before we provide products or services to you Watling JCB Limited may undertake checks for the purposes of preventing fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. (This may be completed via our credit risk management partners)
We, and fraud prevention agencies, may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal data to detect, investigate and prevent crime.
Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal data for different periods of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your data can be held for up to six years.
Our credit risk management partners may use a scoring or other automated decision-making system to assess your applications and to verify your identity. This means we may automatically decide that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk if:
- Our processing reveals your behavior to be consistent with that of known fraudsters or money launderers; or is inconsistent with your previous submissions; or
- You appear to have deliberately hidden your true identity.
You have rights in relation to automated decision making, if you want to know more please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Consequences of Processing
If we determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, we may refuse to provide the products or services you have requested, or we may stop providing existing products or services to you.
A record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies, and may result in others refusing to provide services, financing or employment to you.
Credit Records – Credit Reference Agencies –
In considering your applications we will search your credit record together with the record of any partners, other officers or beneficial owners at the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, along with the record of your business. Information held about you, any partners, other officers or beneficial owners, by the credit reference agencies may already be linked to others with whom you have a joint account or similar financial association. All parties’ information may be taken into account when considering applications so you should make sure you discuss this with them, and share with them this information, before lodging the application.
Whether or not your applications for credit services proceed, the credit reference agency will place a record of our search on your credit file. This record (but not our name) will be seen by other organisations when you apply for credit in the future. A large number of applications within a short period of time could affect your ability to obtain credit.
Whether or not your applications proceed, the credit reference agencies will link your records and those of your financial associate(s), including any previous and/or subsequent names. These links will remain on your and their files until you or they tell the agency you are no longer financially linked and the agency accepts this.
The agencies may supply us with credit information, such as previous applications, the conduct of accounts in your and your financial associate’s name, any business accounts you have, fraud prevention information and public information such as County Court Judgments, bankruptcies and the Electoral Register.
The identity of the credit reference agencies, their role also as fraud prevention agencies, the data they hold, the ways in which they use and share personal information, data retention periods and your rights with the credit reference agencies are explained in more detail at https://www.equifax.co.uk/crain.html.
When we, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies process personal data, we do so on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect our business and to comply with laws that apply to us. Such processing is also a contractual requirement of the products or services you have requested.
Where we store your information
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by Watling JCB Limited or its third party service providers.
How long will we keep personal information about you?
Watling JCB Limited will keep a copy of your personal information for as long as we have a contractual relationship with you, or from the point of a machine or product purchase, and for a period of 5 Years thereafter. For personal information which is not linked to a machine purchase we will keep this for a period of 5 Years from the date of the record. All SalesMaster quotes will be kept for 12 months from the point of quote.
We may keep your data for longer periods if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. Maintaining your personal information for these periods allows us to keep accurate records for our legal obligations and to handle any future complaints.
Watling JCB Limited does not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Whenever fraud prevention agencies transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, they impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that information to protect it to the standard required in the EEA.
Watling JCB Limited does not track Cookie Data.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by Watling JCB Limited
- Access – you can request access to your personal information (and a copy, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and further details about how your personal information is handled by Watling JCB Limited.
- Object – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Rectification – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you.
- Erasure – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing is based on explicit consent.
You have a right at any time to opt-out or withdraw consent of receiving marketing from us and/or to amend the delivery method we use. We will only use your personal information to send you marketing messages if we have either your consent or a ‘legitimate interest’. That is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. It must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you.
To manage your rights and delivery preferences please follow the instructions in our marketing communications, enquiry forms or write to us at:
Post: Marketing Department, Watling JCB Limited, Dog and Gun Lane, Whetstone, Leicester. LE8 6LJ Email: DPO@watling-jcb.com
You can also opt-out from us passing your information to the other businesses listed above.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us contacting our Data Protection Officer using the contact details provided above.
If you are concerned or have questions about how Watling JCB Limited handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you. Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ .
WHAT IS A COOKIE
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect and to us standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website, to deliver a webpage tailored to a particular user’s preferences and to compile statistical reports on website activity. These cookies may be “session” cookies (that last until you close your browser) or “persistent” cookies (that last until you or your browser deletes them). Some of the cookies we use are directly associated with your account (relating to things like the email address you gave us), and other cookies are not.
Acceptance of Cookies: When you first access our site, you will receive a message advising you that cookies are in use. This message may also appear in the event that we change any cookies in use that have a bearing on this policy. By clicking to accept, closing the message or continuing to browse the site, you signify that you understand and agree to the use of these cookies, as further described in this policy. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings including the ability to refuse or restrict cookies. You may also delete cookies after they have been placed on your device. However if you do not accept, restrict or delete cookies at any time, this may affect the functionality of the site and it may take more time to work. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies that We Use
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website for it to work properly. They include, for example, cookies that stop unauthorised posting of content and further cookies that enable you to make use of services provided through the site. These expire at the end of the session when a user exits browser.
Analytical or performance cookies: These analytical cookies are used to recognise different new and returning visitors and count the number of visitors to the site and to see how visitors use our site and move around it when they are using it. The performance cookies also measure the performance of the site and its various pages. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, the pages they have visited on the site and where visitors have come to the site from, and the performance of pages. This allows us to make improvements to the site by understanding how people use it and the user experience. They do not track your browsing activity on other websites. These cookies include Google Analytics, Visual Website Optimiser and HotJar cookies. Certain of these cookies do remain on your browser after the end of a session for varying periods of between 24 hours and 2 years. The site has a toolbar to enable you to share our site on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. We use a cookie that aggregates data about what pages are shared, when and how often. This is used to help us better understand our visitors and to make improvements to the site.
Functionality or customisation cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. They also collect information about how users access and move through the site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). Certain of these cookies do remain on your browser after the end of a session for varying periods of between 24 hours and 2 years.
Third party cookies: targeted advertising and social networking: The AddThis sharing platform and other third parties (for example, advertising networks, providers of external services like web traffic analysis services and social media and other website providers such as Facebook, youtube, Google and Bing that you may use to share links from the site or otherwise interact with the site (for example, via widgets such as the ‘like’ button or by viewing an embedded video) may place cookies on your computer to enable integration of social media functions, for analytical or performance tracking and for targeted advertising purposes (by using information about your visits to our site and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in). JCB does not have any control over these cookies. You should read their respective privacy policies carefully to find out what happens to any data that these services collect.